Terms & Conditions
BOOKING TERMS AND TERMS OF HIRE
1. DEFINITIONS In these booking terms and terms of hire the following terms will have the following meanings: Owner: FFordes Photographic Ltd, (company number 00660112 ) and having its registered office at 146 New London Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 OAW; “booking” – the hire of the Property for the period specified in the booking contract; “the booking contract” – the contract between the Owner and the Hirer comprising the online or telephone booking and these booking terms and terms of hire; “Hirer”- the person or persons entering into the booking contract with the Owner; the Tenant/s – The hirer and their party; “the deposit” – 30% of the total hire charge; “hire charge” – the amount payable for the hire of the Property as specified in the online or telephone booking; “the Owner”- the owner or owners of the Property; “the Property”- the property identified in the booking contract; and “property description – the description of the Property.
2. BOOKING YOUR HOLIDAY Online booking: a Hirer can reserve and pay for a property at any time online. To book online visit www.tangletower.co.uk.
3. DEPOSIT A reservation of a property only becomes a confirmed booking when payment of the deposit is received. If a booking is made more than 6 weeks before the start date of the booking, the deposit must either be paid when the Property is reserved or within 3 days of the reservation. Credit and debit card payments can be accepted online. All credit or debit card numbers are encrypted for security reasons. If payment of the deposit is not made within 3 days, the reservation of the Property will automatically be cancelled.
4. BALANCE OF HIRE CHARGE The balance of the hire charge is payable no later than 6 weeks before the start of the booking. The date by which the Owner needs to receive the balance of the hire charge is clearly stated in the confirmation of the booking and no reminder will be sent. If a booking is made less than 6 weeks before the start of the booking then payment of the full hire charge is required within 3 days of the date the reservation of the Property is made.
5. OVERSEAS HIRERS An overseas Hirer must make payment by credit or debit card. Payment method includes the payment of the Good Housekeeping Deposit (where applicable). The refund of the Good Housekeeping Deposit will be made only to the same card as used to make the payment. All bank charges must be paid by the Hirer.
6. AUTHORITY TO BOOK By completing the booking the Hirer confirms that: he/she has the authority to accept these booking terms and terms of hire on behalf of all persons included in the booking including those that may be substituted at a later date to the effect that all persons occupying the Property during the booking will be bound by and will implement the booking contract; he/she is over 18 years of age and is one of the persons who will be occupying the Property during the booking; and he/she will be responsible for all persons occupying the Property during the booking.
7. CONTRACT When the Hirer submits a booking via our online booking system they will receive an automatic email to the email address provided on the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise once your deposit or payment has cleared and your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation via email or post.
8. ELIGIBILITY The Owner will not be required to accept a booking nor the Owner honour a booking for the Property from groups of single persons who are all under the age of 21 or all male or female groups comprising more than 6 people. The Owner will be entitled to request the Hirer to immediately leave the Property if the occupants are all under the age of 21 or are a female or male group exceeding 6 in number. The Hirer will not be entitled to any refund of the hire charge in these circumstances.
9. DEDUCTIONS FOR LOSS SUFFERED BY OWNER If damages occur to the building, grounds or contents, the Owner will charge fair prices at cost to put right. Damages under £25.00 are treated as an inevitable part of the holiday letting, as general wear and tear. Charges will be made if there is evidence of deliberate or careless damage. Accidental damage will be looked at on a case by case basis although the Owner’s risk/care of the property/normal wear and tear will be taken into account. Each incident will be treated on an individual basis. Evidence of damage during the Hirers stay will be notified to the Hirer within 3 working days. Digital images will be provided to support the Owners claim. Appropriate replacements/repairs will be sourced/completed and accompanied by an estimated cost or invoice. In the first instance the Owner will contact the Hirer to confirm the facts of the damage incident(s).
In the following instances THERE WILL BE EXTRA CHARGES:
- For breakages, loss and damage. The Hirer shall report any deficiency which they notice on arrival, and any which occurs during their stay. If their fault the customer will be liable to pay the replacement cost of the item broken, lost or damaged.
- Leaving the property, furniture or equipment in a dirty condition. The properties will be in a clean condition on your arrival and Tenants must leave it in a like condition. The right is reserved to make charges for additional cleaning if the property has not been left reasonably clean.
For none return or loss of keys to the Property: The Owner will give precise instructions in the welcome folder situated within the Property regarding key return. If keys are not returned in this way the Owner will initially contact the Hirer on the departure day to organise for key return that day. If for any reason the Hirer is unable to return to the property with the keys the Hirer must return the keys via an insured postage method at the Hirers cost to the Owner. If they do not arrive within 7 working days the Owner will make a charge for the cost of replacing the locks and keys to the property, this will be charged to the Hirer via their initial payment method. A quote for this cost will be supplied to the Hirer upon request to the owner.
10. CANCELLATION BY THE HIRER Any cancellation must be made by phoning the owner on 07501402659 during office hours, 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 5pm on Fridays, and then confirmed in writing.
If the Hirer wishes to cancel the booking before 6 weeks prior to the arrival date: On receipt of written confirmation of the cancellation the owner will endeavour to re-let the Property. If the Owner is successful, the Hirer will receive a full refund of the hire charge after deduction of an administration charge of £60 exclusive of VAT and any other expenses incurred in re-letting the Property including any incentives or discounts.
If the hirer is unsuccessful in their attempts to re-let the property the deposit amount of 15% + £60 admin fee will be retained by the owner and a refund made for the remaining amount via the original means of payment.
Within 6 weeks of the original arrival date for booking: If a Hirer cancels a confirmed booking the Hirer remains liable for payment of the balance of the hire charge if not already paid. Any deposit will not be repaid but may be transferred to a booking at the Property for a different date in the 12 months after the original booking start date, subject to availability, but may not be transferred to a different property. If the new booking is at a higher rate than the original booking then the Hirer must pay the extra cost 6 weeks before the start date of the new booking. No refund will be made if the cost of the new booking is less than the deposit for the original booking.
If it is necessary to cancel your holiday, for any of the reasons A 1-5 below, you may do so at any time up until the close of business on the last working day before your tenancy commences and we will refund your balance. Your deposit is not refundable. If you have made a late booking and paid in full you will receive your payment minus the normal deposit sum (usually 30%).
Deposits may be transferred to a different date for a holiday at the same property within 12 months of the original holiday date, subject to availability, but not, however, for a different property. If the new booking is at a higher rate the tenant must pay the extra cost. No refund will be made if the new date is at a lower rate.
A: 1. Death, accidental bodily injury, or illness (excluding pre-existing or chronic illness/conditions, or illness arising through epidemics or pandemics) a) the Proposer and/or persons with whom he/she has arranged to travel. b) any close relative or business associate of the Proposer or of any person with whom he/she has arranged to travel or arranged to meet at the specified holiday establishment. We will require appropriate documentary evidence of illness or bodily injury from a registered medical practitioner. This evidence must state that the Proposer is unfit to travel.
2. Jury service, witness call or unemployment through redundancy of the Proposer after the date of booking and prior to the commencement date of the holiday.
3. Fire or theft which is the subject of an insurance claim at the Insured’s main residence or business premises within seven days before commencement of the holiday.
4. Occupational postings not contemplated at the time the holiday is booked.
5. Cancellation or curtailment of scheduled transport services due to strikes, riots or civil commotion, but limited to the cost of alternative transport up to £50 per person for the outward journey only.
But not, however:
B: 1. Disinclination to travel.
2. Failure of public or private transport.
3. Suicide, attempted suicide, insanity, the influence of intoxicating liquor or the effect of drugs not taken in accordance with treatment prescribed and directed by a qualified medical practitioner or booking a holiday which is or would be against the advice of a registered medical practitioner.
4. Pregnancy unless problems occur which prevent the person travelling. A verification must be signed by a registered medical practitioner to this effect
5. Any loss which is otherwise insured.
Any deposit will not be repaid but may be transferred to a booking at the Property for a different date in the 12 months after the original booking start date, subject to availability, but may not be transferred to a different property. If the new booking is at a higher rate than the original booking then the Hirer must pay the extra cost 6 weeks before the start date of the new booking. No refund will be made if the cost of the new booking is less than the deposit for the original booking.
11. OCCUPANCY The number of persons occupying the Property must not exceed the number stated in the property description ( Tangle Tower 6). If the maximum number of occupants is found to exceed the permitted number, the Owner will be entitled to request the Hirer to immediately leave the Property. The Hirer will not be entitled to any refund of the hire charge in these circumstances. Nor can the Hirer significantly change the make-up of the party during their stay.
12. SUITABILITY OF HIRER The Owner may decline to hand over the Property if the Owner has justifiable grounds to believe that the Hirer or any of the persons included in the booking contract are not suitable to occupy the Property. If any booking is cancelled for this reason the hire charge will be immediately refunded to the Hirer (minus the deposit amount). The Hirer will not be entitled to any compensation or damages for cancellation of the booking for this reason.
13. PERIOD OF HIRE The Property is normally let on a weekly basis from Saturday to Saturday, 4pm on the date of arrival until 10 am on the date of departure. The Hirer binds and obliges themselves to vacate the hired premises without demand at the termination of the period of hire. Short stays are considered on an individual basis, the first date shown on your confirmation of booking form will be your arrival, the last date shown will be your departure date. Early check in / Late check-out is available from 2pm upon request and depending on availablitly, there is a extra charge of £20. If the Hirer requires an early check-in/ late check -out they should ideally inform the Owner upon initial booking but no later than 1 week before their arrival.
14. EQUIPMENT AND LINEN The Property is furnished and equipped for the number of persons permitted to occupy the Property as stated in the property description. Major items of domestic equipment are listed in the property description. Details of equipment in the property description were correct at the time the property description was prepared. BT box is supplied with various channels. The Property is supplied with pillows and duvets or blankets, duvet covers, pillow cases, towels and tea-towels. Washer / dryer, fridge, kettle, toaster, oven, dishwasher, coffee machine.
15. ACCURACY OF PROPERTY DESCRIPTION While every effort is made by the Owner to ensure that the property description was accurate and all information believed to be correct when the property description was prepared, the Owner will not be liable for any changes . Photographs of the Property are included for guidance only and the Owner does not guarantee that the photographs show all of the Property or its location and surroundings.
16. PETS No pets are permitted at the Property. Registered guide and support dogs belonging to those with visual and / or hearing impairments are allowed in the Property. Details must be provided when the Property is reserved.
17. HIRER’S OBLIGATIONS The Hirer will; pay for all gas, electricity, fuel and other charges if not included in the booking; take good care of the Property and its contents and leave the Property and its contents in a clean and tidy condition; inform the Owner of any damage or breakages and pay the Owner at the end of the booking for any breakages or damage to the Property and its contents caused by the Hirer (reasonable wear and tear excluded); allow the Owner (with or without workmen) access to the Property at reasonable times and on reasonable notice (other than emergencies) for inspection purposes and to carry out any repairs or maintenance ( routine maintenance and repairs will not be carried out during the booking); not cause undue noise or disruption or become a nuisance to the occupants of any neighbouring properties; not use the Property for any purpose other than that of a private holiday residence; not alter the Property or its contents or remove any contents from the Property; return all sets of keys to the Property in accordance with the instructions given to the Hirer; not use any flammable materials, fireworks or candles in or on the Property; keep the Property secure during the booking; and comply with any specific conditions and restrictions relating to the Property and/or its contents contained in the property description and in any instructions held in the Property.
It is the Hirer’s responsibility to organise valid travel insurance for themselves, their property and their party. The Owner, Caretaker or any Keyholder will not be held responsible for any accidents or damages that may occur to any person or to their property during their stay at Tangle Tower.
18. COMPLAINTS Any complaint or problem relating to the Property should immediately be notified to the Owner or any caretaker or key holder identified in the booking so that an opportunity is given to rectify the problem or deal with the complaint. No refund will be considered if the Owner has not been given the opportunity to rectify any problem during the booking.
19. AVAILABILITY OF PROPERTY If an Owner is prevented because of circumstances outwith the control of the Owner from making the Property available to the Hirer, the hire charge will immediately be refunded in full to the Hirer. The Hirer will not be entitled to any compensation or damages for cancellation of a booking for this reason.
20. HOLIDAY LETTING By entering into the booking contract the Hirer agrees that the booking contract confers a right to occupy the Property for a holiday only and is not an assured tenancy by virtue the provisions of Section 12 ( schedule 4 paragraph 8 ) of the Housing ( Scotland ) Act 1988. The Hirer shall not sub-let the premises or any part thereof.
21. CHANGES IN BOOKING TERMS AND TERMS OF HIRE These booking terms and terms of hire and the property description are correct at the time when this information was produced. Unforeseen circumstances and changes in the law may require the Owner to make changes to these terms and conditions and/or the property description. The Owner’s website will have the latest version of these terms and conditions and the property description. A copy of the latest version of these terms and conditions and/ or the property description can be provided on request.
22. VAT All sums in the booking contract are expressed inclusive of value added tax unless otherwise stated. If value added tax is applicable it will be added at the rate applicable at the date of invoice.
23. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION The Owner and the Hirer agree that the booking contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland and the Owner and the Hirer agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
24. LAST MINUTE AND SPECIAL BREAKS If the Hirer makes a short or special break booking online it is the responsibility of the Hirer to speak to the contact person named in the travel details to arrange access to the Property before starting their journey. In no circumstances should the Hirer commence their journey to the Property unless arrangements have been made with the contact person to get access to the Property.
27. WIFI AND INTERNET CONNECTION Wifi is available within the Property however there is no guarantee as to the speed or bandwidth. Rural areas of Scotland can be erratic and/or suffer outages which are outwith the owner’s control. The owner does not accept responsibility for such events but will endeavour to rectify the situation with the provider where possible.